VIDEO - NEED TO ORDER BADGES? SEE HOW EASY IT IS.
Click on this link and see how simple it is to order badges at makemybadge.com once a Release Program is set-up.
What is a release program?
If you see yourself in any of the situations listed below, a release program is the solution you need.
- Client needs 1 or 2 badges every other month.
- Client needs small quantities of badges at a time, but does not want to pay the small-quantity-pricing.
- Client needs about 20 badges ... But in the coarse of one year.
- Client needs to order small quantities of badges for their branches, all with different shipping addresses.
A Release program was designed to solve all these issues. It was designed to supply badges on a regular bases; in small quantities, yet benefitting of volume pricing.
Minimum quantities to start a Release Program are as low as 25 badges after initial order.
Example: you need to supply your staff with name badges (about 40), but you know that in the coarse of the next year, because of employee turnover, lost badges, or last minute events, you would most likely need an additional 15 badges, but one or two at a time.
- You place an order of 65 badges, 40 + 25 (the minimum).
- You add the Release fees on badges remaining in the program only, in this case 25.
- You acquit the total of the invoice.
- A Release program will then be setup and you can order as little as one badge at a time.
- You pay the volume price of the total of the badges, even the ones that will be ordered only one at a time.
- Everything is prepaid on a Release Program; no additional invoicing is required.
- Well-structured Release Program procedures with iSM, guaranties the badges are expedited with 24 to 72 hours.
The invoicing fees are for the management of the program itself, the handling of individual shipments, the postage.
What is the minimum quantity required to start a Release Program?
To start a program on makemybadge.com: No Programming Fees when a program is started with an inventory of 25 badges or more. When starting a Program with an inventory of less than 25 badges, a Programming Fee of $40 is applicable. When replenishing a program, the minimum quantitiy is 8 - if you have less than 8 badges a fee of $40 is applicable. Cost of badge goes with pricing of the quantity ordered, plus the Release Fees.
An new badge order always has an initial Setup fee of $48.
Repeat order setup fee of $30 is not applicable on existing Release Programs.
How many badges can I order once I have a Release Program?
Badges can be ordered as little as one at time.
Do I pay each time I order a badge?
A Release Program is pre-paid. No additional invoicing is done. Programs of high volume can benefit of weekly invoicing (minimum of 50 badges a week).
Will I receive a proof each time I order?
A Release Program has a pre-approved layout and text positioning. There are no additional proofs for badges on a Release Program, unless a change has been made in the course of the Program. Client must make sure to inscribe the correct information on the order form. Makemybadge.com takes responsibility of reproducing the name on the order form; should we make a transcript error we will redo the badge.
How long does it take before I receive my badge?
Badges on a Release Program are shipped within 24-72 hours. Badges, with an epoxy doming, on a Release Program are shipped within 7 business days. CANADA - All orders of 6 badges or less are expedited through Canada Post and orders of 7+ are shipped on our FedEx account, unless advised otherwise in the designated space on the Release Program Order Form. Canada Post generally delivers within 2 to 5 business days, yet they reserve up to 10 days. Should you need your badges in a short delay, or a specific in-hand date, there is a space on the order form for your courier information. We can expedite through you courier account. The postage will not be waived. Canada Post rarely loses packages – our statistics are under 1%. USA - One to two bulk shipemnts are made to our US office every week, then put into the USPS system. All orders of 6 badges or less are expedited through USPS First Class, and orders of 7+ are shipped USPS Priority, unless advised otherwise in the designated space on the Release Program Order Form. Us orders can take between 5 and 12 business days for delivery. Should you need your badges in a short delay, or a specific in-hand date, there is a space on the order form for your courier information. We can expedite through you courier account. The postage will not be waived. USPS rarely loses packages – our statistics are under 1%.
What are the Release Program fees for?
Release Program fees are for the management of the Program itself, the handling of individual shipments, and the postage. No exceptions are made on Release Program fees; they cannot be waived.
What happens if my order does not arrive?
Should the Post lose a package, makemybadge.com will wait 15 business days (Canada) and 20 business days (USA) before re-doing the order. Because of our past statistics, if there is a holiday within the delivery period, makemybadge.com will wait an additional 5 days before re-doing the order.
Can I cancel my Release Program?
A Release Program cannot be canceled or reimbursed unless approved by makemybadge.com.
Can I reduce the quantity of badges on my Release Program?
A Release Program cannot be reduced in quantity; it can only be upgraded with additional badges to ensure its continuity.
What happens if there is a modification in our logo and/or badge?
A Release Program can be modified should a client change their branding. A modification fee may apply.
Does my Release Program expire?
A Release Program does not expire. It is continuous as long as it contains badges.
What happens if I change Distributors? Will I lose the badges left in my Release Program?
A program can be transferred if all three parties are in agreement.
The badge on the screen does not appear to have the correct typeface, why?
Not all fonts are Web-friendly. We try to find the closest match for web visualization only. When we print the font, it will be with all the specifications, which have been pre-approved at initial order.
The name is long and reduces in height to fit the badge; we can barely read the name, why?
Web related issues make edition of fonts on a Web platform not as simple as editing within text software. It is not as elaborate and precise. Be assured the correct font, kerning, leading, etc… will be done with all the specifications, which have been pre-approved at initial order.
If I have a Pacemaker, what precautions should I take because of the magnet?
All our Release Programs, where the closure is a magnet, have the option of a stick-pin closure, in view of clients who should have a Pacemaker.
What is the best maintenance for my badge?
By applying the enumerated recommendations below, you will prolong the lifespan of your Name Badge.
- If your badge on the program has a magnet option, never pull on the magnet to remove it - turn clockwise or counter clockwise (twist).
- Never put on the dashboard of the car, or any other place of contact with the rays of the sun, or a place of intense heat.
- Never put at the bottom of your hand bag, in your pockets or any other place where there are other metals which could rub against your Name Badge, such as keys or change.
- Never put in the washer or dryer.
- Keep your Name Badge in the initial-delivery poly-bag when not in use, this will ensure the durability of your Name Badge.
How are the badges printed?
All our badges are printed by dye-sublimation or UV inks.
Is there badge etiquette?
Name Badge Etiquette
- Names should be written clearly and with a simple font type. Avoid script, cursive or comic-like fonts.
- Always write the given name first followed by the surname.
- Titles are not recommended on name badges, but if they are essential, they should be printed in a smaller font than the name.
- The affiliation of the name badge, such as the company logo, is important but should not be the dominant attraction of the badge. The name should always be the main attraction.
- Always wear your name badge on the right, approximately 4” below the shoulder level. When meeting someone new, you automatically reach out with your right hand to offer a handshake, and having your badge on your right side will place both your name badge and your face in view.
- Make sure your badge is straight at all times, otherwise it sends a negative message and conveys a lack of respect for the affiliation and a lack of attention to your own personal appearance.
What is epoxy doming?
Can my badge de-magnetize my credit cards?
Never put in your wallet or any other place where there are credit cards. The magnet may demagnetize the card.